Caber Energy was set up in 2009 as one of Scotland’s first renewable energy installers.
Since then, the company has helped countless farmers and other rural businesses realise the benefits of renewable energy and has installed over 6MW of commercial solar PV and wind energy capacity for SME’s throughout Scotland.
We are now looking to recruit a solar professional to assist with all aspects of our solar PV and energy storage projects from the initial design work through to project management and final commissioning of our customers’ PV installations. Projects will range from 70kW roof mounted schemes to ground mounted arrays of several MW and everything in between.
About the Role:
The successful applicant will assist the Director in the management of all aspects of the company’s solar PV projects in Scotland. These commercial projects will be both roof and ground-mounted and the role will involve site surveys, planning and grid applications, PV system design and quotation work, procurement of necessary PV equipment, project management of on-site sub-contractors, liaising with customers and maintaining Caber Energy’s excellent reputation within the industry.
The Director would prefer a candidate with extensive experience in the solar PV industry but will consider candidates with less experience that can demonstrate the necessary skills, drive and willingness to learn.
Role & Requirements
- Driving license
- Experience within the solar PV industry
- Knowledge of both roof and ground mounted Commercial PV and Battery Storage Systems
- Administration of each project including O&M manuals, DNO G100 & G99 applications
- Submission of planning applications to local planning authorities
- Ability to produce reports and quotations
- Ability to use Microsoft office 365, Word, Excel
- Understanding of scope of work documents, specifications, programmes and contracts
- Ability to survey and report on existing buildings
- Ability to produce technical reports including performance estimates, mounting system and cable designs.
- Liaison with Sub Contractors regarding design, programmes, material acquisitions, delivery- timescales, site safety etc.
- Ability to ensure company meets all H&S obligations including site inspections and maintenance of H&S files and site documentation
- Capable of working from home with minimum supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites across Scotland as required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills and a personable and professional appearance
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage PV projects without the need for extensive Director level input
- Ability to use PV Sol or PV Syst design software in the production of domestic and commercial solar designs
- Ability to use AutoCAD in producing pre-installation and As-fitted drawings
- Project Management qualification
- Health and Safety qualification
A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate. Please send CV’S to email@example.com or contact 07967 052382